Monday, November 10, 2008

85 and counting

My grandfather turned 85 on Nov 2ND. We had a family gathering of his kids, grand kids and great grand kids. There were 19 of us- everyone was present. We all stayed in one cabin in Pigeon Forge, TN. The company and weather were both great! It was a short visit but worth the 8 hr drive. R and me on self timer mode.
Me and my grandfather. He was all decked out for Halloween!

Anakin Skywalker and a glam pirate. The kids got to trick-or-treat in our cabin with different family members behind each door. Great way to go - not too cold and the candy is safe. Plus they had mummy dogs, create your own spider web pizza and hot chocolate with shaped marshmallows. There were also decorations hanging. My family did a wonderful job of celebrating Halloween cabin style.


Don't think we fit all 85 candles.




Group shot. I'm sure I drove them all crazy about taking a group shot but hey it was about 17 yrs ago that we were in the same place at the same time. Too bad I'm not alittle better with self timer but no one else even knew how to work theirs!
I'm slowly catching up. Soon to come- M's birthday and pumpkin patch.


No comments: