Tuesday, September 9, 2008

School Days

School has started and we are all excited!!! M got the teacher she was hoping for and A got the only Kindergarten teacher the school has. First day of school and backpacks are loaded with all the supplies to start the year. A really was excited but he is in that stage of the forced smile. Here is a great shot of his hair. Yes, it is still growing. The last cut was in March before pre-K class pictures and before the desire to look like a Jonas brother. I told him as long as it does not pass M's, we'll let him keep the style he pleases. He is picky about his hair and only likes the way he brushes it. Not long ago, he was brushing it after a bath and when he finished said "now I look good". He is also a fan of hair gel and will apply it independently.
R and the kids right before walking to school. They were glad he was able to walk them on their first day. It is nice to start the school year and know that you are not going to move in 2 months.



I love being able to walk to and from school. M loves everything about school! A's favorite part so far has been riding the bus home and P.E. Here when you are in Kinder, you are allowed to ride the bus one way regardless of the distance your house is from school. We are close so A is the 2nd stop once it leaves schoool. He is probably on the bus 5 minutes or less but loving it anyway. It drops him off at the end of our street which is nice since later each day he has to walk with me to get M at the end of her day. Half day Kinder is a good way to ease me into both kids in school. I have found plenty to do with my time. Monday I help in the copy room the entire time he is in class and Fri I will be in helping out with other school projects. Plus, I am the Membership Committee for PTA and will help with lots of other PTA projects.

1 comment:

MustHaveCoffee... said...

sounds like you guys are off to a great school year. we started in mid-August and like your two, my two love it. Plus, I love being there as well. I went from volunteering like you're doing to subbing after Caty started 1st grade. Now I'm there almost every day and what a blessing...it may not be the same as working with sick kiddos, but I'm still taking care of kids and I love it. Plus, there's the bonus of knowing all of my kids teachers and friends and I have the same hours as them so it's perfect! :)